Dan Jones Biography
Dan Jones has been involved with motorbike racing from age 2 with Dad, Steven, who was a Formula 400 racer. Bitten by the motorbike bug he began riding at the age of 7 on a PW50. Racing around a field with his brothers was the first step to wanting to ride the track and at 11 he had his first goon a Polini mini moto.
In his first full season Dan become junior mini moto champion and runner-up in the Mini GP50 class. He finished 11th overall in his first season with the Moriwaki 250 Juniorcup with a season best finish of 6th.
In 2016 Dan competed in the Hel Performance Standard Moto3 Cup. He went from strength to strength and won the Championship by 166 points with 16 race wins and 20 podiums out of 22 races. Considering Dan was out most of the previous year with injury this shows what an extraordinary talent he is.
2017 and 2018 saw Dan making his mark in both CEV Repsol and Red Bull Rookies, and for the 2019 season he raced in the British Moto3 Championship with Team City Lifting.
For 2020 he joins the PR Racing/Lloyd&Jones family, racing the FTR Moto2 in the British GP2 Championship.
- 2019: 4th in the British Moto3 Championship – 10 pole positions, 7 podiums and 4 race wins
- 2018: Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup, best result of 7th, also 2nd at Oulton Park during a wildcard of the British Moto3 Championship
- 2017: Junior World Championships with KRP on Racing Steps Foundation backed KTM, Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup
- 2016: BSB Standard Moto3 Champion, Honda NSF250
- 2015: 2nd place at the first round of Moriwaki 250 Juniorcup at Alcarraz
- 2014: 11th in the Moriwaki 250 Juniorcup, lap record at Llandow circuit on Mini GP70
- 2013: British Minimoto Champion and runner-up in the Mini GP50 class
- 2012: British Rookie Minimoto Champion
Sponsors + Suppliers